Never lose sight of your HOPES, DREAMS and ASPIRATIONS.
I hope that by sharing my story, you will be encouraged and be a witness to the fact that With God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.
"And He said, 'The things that are impossible with men are possible with God.' - Luke 18:27 KJV
I remember a significant event in my life, when the odds seemed to have been stacked up against me, but I believed beyond the shadow of a doubt, that I would receive what I had hoped and prayed for.
I believed that I would totally recover from a life threatening illness
- In January of 2005 I had a ruptured brain aneurysm;
- Within 24 hours of being diagnosed the air ambulance flew me from Barbados to a Miami hospital;
- I was at the hospital for about 5 weeks and during that time had a craniotomy; that’s where my skull was surgically opened by a neurosurgeon so as to clip the aneurysm.
This event bears much significance to me because during all the painful transitions that took place with my body, and the odds of not surviving this life threatening illness, I did not lose sight of my returning home to my family; especially my daughter who was not yet a teenager at the time.
Statistics from the American Brain Aneurysm Foundation show that:
- Ruptured brain aneurysms are fatal in about 40% of cases.
- About 66% of those who survive, suffer some permanent neurological deficit.
- 4 out of 7 people who actually recover from a ruptured brain aneurysm will have disabilities
To put the figures into prospective and summarize my understanding - less than 10% or one (1) out of ten (10) persons both survive and recover from a ruptured brain aneurysm with no neurological deficits and have no disabilities.
I survived a ruptured brain aneurysm with no neurological deficits and no disabilities and I thank God that I am here today and could say without hesitation that WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.
My prayers, hopes and dreams of surviving the illness and returning home to take care of my daughter were fulfilled.
Never lose sight of your hopes, dreams and aspirations; you never know when they may come to fruition.
I'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to leave your comments or share on your favorite social media